No one wants their house to smell like a litterbox. With three cats in our house it is a constant battle against the odor. Here are some simple all natural ways to help age war on pesky litter box odors.
- Use clumping litter and scoop out the “clumps” of urine and feces daily, or more if they make a particularly stinky deposit.
- Sprinkle the litter with baking soda. It helps absorb the moisture and the odors.
- Replace the litter with all fresh litter 1-2 per week. Even with scooping daily the litter will retain some of the odors and it builds up over time.
- Use an all natural air freshening spray to keep the house smelling fresh. Lemon is great for eliminating odors. Try this all natural lemon spray.
- Before refilling with the new litter spray and wipe down the litter box with vinegar. It helps get rid of the ammonia urine smell that can linger in the box.
Lemon Room freshening Spray
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons vodka or gin
2 table spoons lemon juice
15 drops lemon oil
1 cup water
Put in a spray bottle and spray around the room to eliminate odors.( Do not spray your Cat)
Also check out:All Natural Flea and Tick Prevention